Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Priorities

Graduation came and went, and already my first wedding of the summer has passed us by! (Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Brown!!!) I enjoyed a wonderful visit with my sister and parents, and now I just have to settle into the summer swing of things. The kids have one week left of school, and I have one week left of quiet at home. I'm actually really looking forward to spending more time with these great kids, since we only have 2 more months of time together. We've been reading The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis together, but we have to keep moving if we're going to finish the series before I go.
Life is still pretty crazy, but I'm enjoying it. At a certain point you just have to realize what your priorities are. For me, it's the people in my life, and the ministries I'm a part of. But even ministry can get in the way of what's really important: my own walk with God. I'm spending time tonight in prayer and the Word, but I realized that it's been a while. Why does my quiet time go on the back burner? Do I really have my priorities straight?
So, before I write any more, I'm off to spend more time with God. He's my priority tonight.

No comments: