Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Frühling kommt früher!

The German word for Spring is Frühling, which has the word früh (early) hidden inside of it. Makes sense, since here in the Black Forest we've had Spring for the past several weeks. Sorry, Rochester friends. This means I've been enjoying the fresh air and sunshine for quite some time already.

Though with the end of the 3rd quarter looming at the end of this week, I don't actually have much time for outdoor play. Instead, I'm inside grading tests and homework assignments. Monday night, I had a chance to get out and fellowship with some other Ladies in the community. We had a Progressive Dinner, with a dipping theme. That meant we had to dip all our food in something. Appetizers- Chips and guacamole, veggies and sour cream/ onion dip. Dinner- oil fondue (cooking raw hamburger, chicken, and veggies in hot oil right on the table) with BBQ, Curry, and garlic dipping sauces. Dessert- We loftily wanted to do chocolate fondue, but were too full at the end of the night for this! The highlight of this experience was not the food, but the conversation. I got to converse with people I work with, but don't necessarily spend a lot of time with. We discussed every thing from love languages, future plans, housing for next year, and recipes (such as other uses for avocado). All in all, a delightful dip dinner!

Speaking of housing for next year, please continue to pray that God will provide. Will I be able to move into town? Will I have a roommate or two? Will my rent go up? God only knows, and I'm trusting him to take care of it. Next week, I'll be viewing two different apartments.

Hiking in Switzerland!


No comments: