Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Patriotism and Picnics

My sister Anna graduated from High School on June 28. My Gramma Wind was able to come to town to see her graduation ceremony. Joel and Anna also drove up from Philly to celebrate. Here are a few pictures from the weekend:


Meanwhile, I've been thoroughly enjoying the warm and sunny weather here in Munich. It got up to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit this past weekend. But, I'm keeping cool by swimming in the river!


Some of the students organized a big Independence Day celebration on the Fourth, so that we could obnoxiously celebrate our freedom. We paid in advance, and could eat as much food as we wanted. The picnic lasted from 2pm until whenever (I left around 11pm during the bonfire, but I heard some people stayed until 2am). I did leave in the evening before the bonfire, so that I could send some emails and get some stuff done in my room. The homework never ends.


It was fun day of grilling, games, and goofy people.  It was definitely warm, but we all jumped in the river to cool off for a bit. They also had hundreds of freezie pops for us to eat! All in all, it was a well-planned picnic, kudos!


This final picture is from a coffee/breakfast date with Caroline. I love getting meals or coffee/tea with friends one-on-one to really get to know these people. Sometimes the visits to coffee shops are just to chat, sometimes to study, but mostly a mix of the two. But they've all been great times of deepening friendships that will last long after this program ends!



No comments: